Volunteer applications for the 2015 MOSES Conference will open in November.
How it works:
In exchange for work hours, volunteers are eligible for reduced conference registration fees. Please note that if you decide to volunteer you most likely WILL NOT be able to attend every workshop you have your eye on. We do our best to schedule our volunteers around the workshops of their choice, but cannot guarantee you will be free for those workshops.
We ask full conference volunteers to commit to 14 hours of service in return for a reduced conference registration of $40 and free supper tickets for Friday and Saturday. As with any attendee, breakfast and lunch will be provided. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you show up for your volunteer hours—we rely on you.
- Pre-Conference set-up: check-in area, posting directional signs, moving boxes within the facility, set-up of exhibit hall, book sales set-up, compost/recycling set-up, and photocopying.
- AV/Technical Support: must have knowledge of setting up computers, and troubleshooting powerpoint presentations.
- Conference App Help Desk: must be familiar with iPhones, Androids, tablets and apps.
- Dining Hall and Meal Assistants: take meal tickets, clean/dump compost buckets.
- Check-In: check in registrants, greeting registrants, directing foot traffic, check nametags, etc. Requires comfort communicating with others.
- Book Sales: set-up and take-down, assist during the conference. Requires comfort using a computer register, interacting with the public, directing foot traffic, and restocking books.
- Exhibit Hall / Community Resource Area: set-up and take-down, help exhibitors.
- Breakdown: clean-up and take-down on Saturday until approximately 7 pm.
- Workshop Ushers: encourage workshop attendees to fill in seats in the middle of workshop rooms and help with basic crowd control in the beginning of each workshop.
- Workshop Assistants: assist in workshop rooms throughout the conference. Assistants are scheduled full days on Friday and Saturday for all workshops, and need to be available for an orientation the Thursday before the conference. Assistants do not choose the workshops they assist in. Preference will be given to past conference volunteers. If you’re interested in serving as a workshop assistant, please make note of it on your volunteer application, and the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you with more information.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer.
- Volunteer positions are limited and scheduled in the order they are received.
- Volunteers are eligible for reduced registration fees.
- Volunteers must be available throughout the day during which they’re scheduled. IE: If you sign up to volunteer on Thursday, you could be scheduled any time during that day. If you are only available for specific hours, please note that on your application.
- Volunteers will be scheduled to work on at least two days.
- Volunteers must arrive on time to their scheduled shifts, and be ready to work!
- Volunteers must not leave their shift without permission from MOSES staff. (If your shift falls during meal times, you will receive a short meal break. Please do not eat while working.)
- Walk-in volunteers are not accepted – you must apply to volunteer in advance.
How to Apply:
Check back in November to complete an online form.
Applications are collected on a first-come, first-served basis and we retain a waiting list for any cancellations.