Friendly volunteers help with many aspects of this large-scale conference. Volunteers receive admission for just $50 plus all meals in exchange for 14 hours of help. Be part of the largest organic farming event as a volunteer!
How it works
Volunteers commit to 14 hours of service in exchange for $190 off full conference admission and all meals, including free supper tickets on Thursday and Friday. There are no one-day conference volunteer opportunities.
We do our best to schedule your volunteer shifts around the workshops of your choice, but cannot guarantee you will be free for all of your workshop choices.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you show up for your volunteer hours—we rely on you to make this conference run smoothly!
- Pre-Conference set-up: check-in area, posting directional signs, moving boxes within the facility, set-up of exhibit hall, book sales set-up, and compost/recycling set-up.
- Tech Support: must have knowledge of troubleshooting powerpoint presentations.
- Help Desk: familiarity with conference, locations, comfortable explaining directions, etc.
- Dining Hall/Compost: counting meal tickets, dumping out/cleaning buckets.
- Check-In/Greeter/Usher: comfortable interacting with the public, directing foot traffic, etc.
- Book Sales: set-up and take-down
- Break-down/Clean-up: must be availabe Saturday until 7 pm.
- Workshop Assistants: assist in workshop rooms throughout the conference. Assistants are scheduled all day Friday and Saturday (8 a.m.-6 p.m.) to sit in one workshop room, assist presenters, distribute handouts, etc. We have special requirements for workshop assistants. Preference is given to past assistants. In exchange for commitment, conference registration is free.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer.
- Volunteer positions are limited and scheduled in the order they are received.
- Volunteers must be available throughout the day during which they’re scheduled. For example: if you sign up to volunteer on Thursday, you could be scheduled any time during that day. If you are only available for specific hours, please note that on your application.
- Volunteers will be scheduled to work on at least two days.
- Volunteers must arrive on time to their scheduled shifts, and be ready to work!
- Volunteers must not leave their shift without permission from MOSES staff. (If your shift falls during meal times, you will receive a short meal break. Please do not eat while working.)
- Walk-in volunteers are not accepted – you must apply to volunteer in advance.
How to Apply
Applications are collected on a first-come, first-served basis and we retain a waiting list for any cancellations.