| Conference Info
Thanks to all who contributed to a successful 2013 MOSES Conference!
Information on this page pertains to the 2013 event. Look for details in December about the 2014 MOSES Conference Feb. 27-March 1, 2014-- our 25th anniversary!
2013 MOSES ORGANIC FARMING CONFERENCE
Home | Registration | Maps & Lodging | Media Kit
All Volunteer shifts have been filled for the 2013 conference.
Every year the MOSES staff relies on volunteers to help the conference run smoothly. In exchange for work hours, volunteers are eligible for reduced conference registration fees.
Please note that if you decide to volunteer you most likely WILL NOT be able to attend every workshop you have your eye on. We do our best to schedule our volunteers around the workshops of their choice, but cannot guarantee you will be free for those workshops.
Full conference volunteers are agreeing to 14 hours of volunteering. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you show up for your volunteer hours - we rely on you.
Please take time to read our volunteer policy below before you apply. Thank you!
All Volunteer shifts have been filled for the 2013 conference. If you would like your name added to a waiting list please email email@example.com.
Hear from a long time conference volunteer below!
"Where else can you do important work, support good farmers no matter if you are one or not, feel wholly appreciated, eat well, keep warm in February, and get lots and lots of hugs? Oh, and be able to see and hear many of the wonders of this premier conference for nearly nothing? This is feel-good work at its best - even when I can financially afford to attend, I choose to be a part of it as a volunteer: it's that fantastic."
~ Caroline, a long-time conference volunteer
Our volunteer policy is as follows:
Areas where volunteers are needed include:
- You must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer.
- Volunteer positions are limited and scheduled in the order they are received.
- Volunteers are eligible for reduced registration fees.
- Volunteers must be available throughout the day during which they're scheduled. IE: If you sign up to volunteer on Thursday, you could be scheduled any time during that day. If you are only available for specific hours, please note that on your application.
- Volunteers will be scheduled to work on at least two days.
- Volunteers must arrive on time to their scheduled shifts, and be ready to work!
- Volunteers must not leave their shift without permission from MOSES staff. (If your shift falls during meal times, you will receive a short meal break. Please do not eat while working.)
- Walk-in volunteers are not accepted - you must apply to volunteer in advance.
- Pre-Conference set-up: check-in area, posting directional signs, moving boxes within the facility, set-up of exhibit hall, book sales set-up, and/or compost/recycling set-up, and photocopying.
- AV/Technical Support: must have knowledge of setting up computers, and troubleshooting powerpoint presentations.
- Dining Hall and Meal Assistants: take meal tickets, clean/dump compost buckets.
- Check-In: check in registrants, greeting registrants, directing foot traffic, check nametags, etc. Requires comfort communicating with others.
- Book Sales: set-up and take-down, assist during the conference. Requires comfort using a computer register, interacting with the public, directing foot traffic.
- Exhibit Hall / Community Resource Area: set-up and take-down, help exhibitors.
- Breakdown: clean-up and take-down on Saturday until approximately 7 pm.
- Workshop Assistants: assist in workshop rooms throughout the conference. Assistants are scheduled on Friday and Saturday from 8 am - 6 pm, and need to be available for an orientation the Thursday before the conference. Assistants do not choose the workshops they assist in. Preference will be given to past OFC volunteers. If you're interested in serving as a workshop assistant, please make note of it on your volunteer application, and the volunteer coordinator will contact you with more information.
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering!
For more information contact: