New farmers are vital to our future! Our nation is counting on a new crop of farmers to grow our food, revitalize the countryside and protect our natural resources. New Organic Stewards connects these new farmers, provides educational opportunities, and seeds inspiration for sustainable, organic production. New Organic Stewards is for any beginning farmer (farming 10 years or less) who is interested in organic and sustainable farming.
New Organic Stewards is a program of MOSES with Renewing the Countryside as a key partner.
This project is supported by the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, USDA, Grant #2011-49400-30756. To find more resources and programs for beginning farmers and ranchers please visit www.Start2Farm.gov, a component of the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program.
- Social Networking
- Helpful Resources | Organizations | Training
- New Farmer Stories | News
- Get answers to farming and certification questions
Where to begin?
- Read our fact sheets:
Guidebook for Organic Certification
This 32-page guidebook will answer your questions about organic certification! From general production questions, to a discussion on approved materials, this guidebook is an indispensable resource.
- Learn about grants and other funding opportunities to help you get started in organic and sustainable farming. See our Funds for Farmers page.
- Badgerland Financial is currently offering beginning farmers within the lower 32 counties of Wisconsin grants up to $1,500 – for customers and non-customers alike. Learn more.
- Beginning farmers in Minnesota can get half scholarships for the Farm Business Management program offered through Minnesota State Colleges and Universities or the Southwest Farm Business Management Association.
- Find land:
- The MOSES Land Link-Up page lists land for sale/rent. You can post your land needs, too.
- Internship | Job Opportunities