The MOSES Organic Farmer of the Year award is given to an organic farmer practicing outstanding land stewardship, innovation and outreach. The 2014 award winner will be announced Feb. 27, 2014 at the 25th MOSES Organic Farming Conference in La Crosse.
Nominations for 2014 are closed. Nominations for the 2015 award open in March 2014.
The MOSES Organic Farmer of the Year should be:
1. A farmer or farm family with current organic certification;
2. An innovator in organic farming/livestock management including:
- crops and crop rotations;
- management of weeds, pests and diseases;
- development of value added products and marketing;
3. Someone who excels in enhancing farm resources, soil, water, wildlife, and biodiversity;
4. Someone who inspires and educates other organic farmers or consumers;
5. Currently farming in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin.
Not eligible: Current MOSES employees and board members or board members within three years of end of service.