There are many misconceptions about organic farming. As members of the organic farming community, we are in a position to explain the benefits of organic to others. This webpage can help you spread the good news about organic farming based on researched facts.
- Organic agriculture can feed the world.
- Organic farmers do not use toxic and persistent synthetic pesticides.
- Organic foods have fewer and much lower pesticide residue levels.
- Organic food is worth the higher price.
- Organic farmers protect our environment.
- Organic food can be more nutrient-dense and higher in antioxidants.
- Organic agriculture has rigorous and verified standards of production.
- Organic foods are the fastest-growing segment of the grocery store.
- Organic farms are more economically sustainable.
- Organic farms are more drought-resistant.
The scientific evidence for these statements is in the PDFs (top of page). Please help us spread good news about organic.
Resources for more good news:
Organic Trade Association — Food Facts