The Midwest Organic and Sustainable Education Service (MOSES) is committed to protecting the contact and preference information provided to us by our friends and supporters. MOSES does not sell or trade this information to other organizations. All friends and supporters of MOSES have a right to see, on request, their own contact and preference information which MOSES has on file.
MOSES Friends and Supporters Bill of Rights
All of our friends and supporters have these rights:
- To be informed of the MOSES mission and goals and how MOSES uses its support to achieve these goals.
- To have access to our Annual Report via website or request.
- To be informed of the names and bios of those serving on the MOSES board.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the MOSES supporter’s intended purpose.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that contact and donation information will be handled with respect and the appropriate confidentiality to the extent provided by the law.
- To have an opt-out option readily available to them at any time if they choose to not have their information shared.
- To have access to the MOSES IRS Form 990 by request.
- To ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Information Collected and How It’s Used
MOSES collects information as it is provided by its friends and supporters including names, addresses, personal and professional relationships, phone numbers, email addresses and farming interest areas. In addition, MOSES tracks donations, financial transactions and participation in events per person and per business.
MOSES will not sell or trade its mailing list/database to other organizations for their fundraising appeals and purposes. Only MOSES has permission to use contact information for the purpose of fundraising for MOSES. You may be asked at times for permission to use your name for specific outreach purposes. Only those that give permission will be used for the described purpose and only the executive director may authorize the use of the MOSES database. MOSES may distribute information on behalf of another organization about a conference or for other specific purposes using our mailing list/database.
An opt-out option is available for those who request that their contact and preference information not ever be utilized for any purpose.
When making an online financial transaction (i.e. purchase or donation) with MOSES, you will be using a secured website provided by an external provider. The e-commerce system conforms to credit card companies PCI security standards and the network is scanned nightly by a third party security auditing company. Sensitive information is always transferred over a secure protocol (https).
Security Measures in Place to Protect Personal Information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable U.S. Federal and State regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
How to Contact MOSES
We are committed to preserving customer privacy. Any changes to this policy will be promptly posted on our website.