Be part of the largest organic farming event as a volunteer!
How it works
Volunteers help with many aspects of this large-scale conference. By committing to 12-14 hours of service, volunteers receive a discounted conference admission for just $50 plus all meals.
We do our best to schedule your volunteer shifts around the top workshops of your choice, but cannot guarantee you will be free for all of your workshop choices. There are no one-day conference volunteer opportunities.
It is very important that you show up for your volunteer hours—we rely on you to make this conference run smoothly!
- Pre-Conference Set-up and Signs
Available on the Wednesday and/or Thursday prior to conference.
- Tech Support
Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office PowerPoint and cell phone with text capabilities.
- Help Desk
Familiarity with conference, locations, comfortable explaining directions, MOSES Conference App, etc.
- Dining Hall/Compost
Counting meal tickets, dumping out/cleaning compost buckets.
Comfortable interacting with the public, directing foot traffic, etc.
- Book Sales Set-up and Take-down
Must be able to lift and carry boxes.
Available on Saturday until 7 p.m.
- Workshop Assistants
Assist all-day Friday and Saturday (8 a.m.- 6 p.m.) in one workshop room. Duties include: assisting presenters, distributing handouts, starting recording equipment, etc. In exchange for commitment, conference registration is free. Preference given to individuals who have attended the conference before.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer.
- Volunteer positions are limited and scheduled in the order they are received.
- Volunteers must be available throughout the day during which they’re scheduled. For example: if you sign up to volunteer on Thursday, you could be scheduled any time during that day. If you are only available for specific hours, please note that on your application.
- Volunteers will be scheduled to work on at least two days.
- Volunteers must arrive on time to their scheduled shifts, and be ready to work.
- Volunteers must not leave their shift without permission from MOSES staff. (If your shift falls during meal times, you will receive a short meal break. Please do not eat while working.)
- Walk-in volunteers are not accepted ‑ you must apply to volunteer in advance.
How to Apply
Applications are collected on a first-come, first-served basis and we retain a waiting list for any cancellations.