Please use this form if you are interested in mentoring other farmers. Mentorships are available at this time in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, North Dakota and South Dakota. Application deadline for the 2016 program is Nov. 5, 2015.
City, State, Zip:
How many years have you been farming organically?
What type of information would you like to share with others?
Where do you market your products?
What type of organic crops or livestock do you produce?
List your teaching experiences including workshops, field days, having interns:
Describe your area of expertise, such as animal health, use of green manures, organic certification, etc:
Why are you interested in being a mentor?
If you know of any farmers in your area who you would like to mentor, please give us names and as much contact information as you have:
I am willing to fulfill the following mentor farmer expectations:
• Mentor one or two farmers.
• Visit the mentee's farm twice during the season.
• Answer phone calls or emails from mentees, at a time that is mutually agreeable.
• Call the mentee periodically via phone, email, or visit them in person (twice a month communication is a good goal).
• Once you are accepted to the program, you will receive one free registration to the 2016 MOSES Organic Farming Conference, plus one free registration to the 2017 conference.
• Cooperate with MOSES and communicate project progress with Harriet Behar, program coordinator, periodically throughout the year via emails and by responding to written surveys.
Comments are closed.