Our country is counting on a new crop of farmers to grow our food, revitalize the countryside, and protect our natural resources. New Organic Stewards connects these new farmers, provides educational opportunities, and inspires them to grow using sustainable, organic practices.
MOSES partners with Renewing the Countryside to offer services to beginning farmers (farming 10 years or less) through the New Organic Stewards project.
Connect! Support! Share!
Join the New Organic Stewards Facebook group.
Where to begin?
- Read our fact sheets:
Guidebook for Organic Certification
This 32-page guidebook will answer your questions about organic certification! From general production questions, to a discussion on approved materials, this guidebook is an indispensable resource.
- Learn about grants and other funding opportunities to help you get started in organic and sustainable farming. See our Funds for Farmers page.
- Badgerland Financial is currently offering beginning farmers within the lower 32 counties of Wisconsin grants up to $1,500. Learn more.
- Beginning farmers in Minnesota can get half scholarships for the Farm Business Management program offered through Minnesota State Colleges and Universities or the Southwest Farm Business Management Association.
- Find land:
- The MOSES Land Link-Up page lists land for sale/rent. Post your land needs, too.
- Social Networking
- Helpful Resources | Organizations
- Training Programs
- MOSES Farmer-to-Farmer Mentoring Program
If you’ve been farming at least one year, consider applying to this program to be mentored by an experienced organic farmer. Kickstart your farm under the guidance of a mentor!
- New Farmer Stories | News
- Get answers to farming and certification questions
Our trained Organic Specialists can help you!