Take your farm – or farm dream – to the next level.
New Organic Stewards (NOS) is your hub to:
- connect to your farming peers
- get training on specific production practices
- learn how to manage your farm’s finances
- find land, funding, and farm-related jobs
MOSES partners with Renewing the Countryside to offer the New Organic Stewards project to beginning farmers (in years 1–10).
Ask an Organic Specialist
Get answers to farming and certification questions.Ask an Organic Specialist
- MOSES Organic Farming Conference
- New Farmer U
- Field Days
- Find more educational events on the MOSES Community Calendar.
Join the New Organic Stewards Facebook Group
Find Fact Sheets & Guidebook
- Start Farming! Resources for Beginning Farmers (PDF)
- How to Choose a Certification Agency & the Organic Certification Process (PDF)
- Guidebook for Organic Certification This 32-page guidebook answers your questions about organic certification!
Learn about grants and other funding opportunities to help you get started in organic and sustainable farming.
- Funds for Farmers (MOSES webpage)
- Badgerland Financial grants (for lower Wisconsin)
- Beginning farmers in Minnesota – Farm Business Management half scholarship
- Beginning farmers in Minnesota – MDA Grants, Loans & Financing
- FSA farm loan guide
Look for land
- MOSES Land Link-Up page – post & find land for sale/rent
- Land Stewardship Project land connection link
- Minnesota Farm Link
Find a mentor with the Mentoring Program
If you’ve been farming at least one year, consider applying to this program to be mentored by an experienced organic farmer. Kickstart your farm under the guidance of a mentor!
Learn to farm
- Renewing the Countryside fosters connections and provides programs to support rural communities
- National Young Farmers Coalition
- Helpful Resources
- Farmer Veteran Coalition
- Beginning and Transitioning Farmer Resources in Minnesota
Beginning farmer stories
Read stories about other farmers like you!
New Farmer U is supported by NIFA, USDA Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program (2015-70017-24092).