We love beginning farmers!
New Organic Stewards (NOS) provides education, support, and inspiration to take your farm – or farm dream – to the next level.
MOSES partners with Renewing the Countryside to offer the New Organic Stewards project to beginning farmers (in years 1–10).
- MOSES Organic Farming Conference
- New Farmer U
- Field Days
- Find more educational events on the MOSES Community Calendar.
If you’ve been farming at least one year, consider applying to this program to be mentored by an experienced organic farmer. Kickstart your farm under the guidance of a mentor!
Fact Sheets & Guidebook
- Start Farming! Resources for Beginning Farmers (PDF)
- How to Choose a Certification Agency & the Organic Certification Process (PDF)
- Guidebook for Organic Certification This 32-page guidebook answers your questions about organic certification!
Ask an Organic Specialist
Get answers to farming and certification questions.
Learn about grants and other funding opportunities to help you get started in organic and sustainable farming.
- Funds for Farmers (MOSES webpage)
- Badgerland Financial grants (for lower Wisconsin)
- Beginning farmers in Minnesota – Farm Business Management half scholarship
- FSA farm loan guide
- MOSES Land Link-Up page – post & find land for sale/rent
- Land Stewardship Project land connection link
Learn to Farm
- Renewing the Countryside fosters connections and provides programs to support rural communities
- National Young Farmers Coalition
- Helpful Resources
- Farmer Veteran Coalition
Beginning Farmer Stories
Read stories about other farmers like you!
Connect with other new farmers:
New Organic Stewards Facebook Group
New Farmer U is supported by NIFA, USDA Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program (2015-70017-24092).