The MOSES Organic Farmer of the Year award recognizes organic farmers who practice outstanding land stewardship, innovation and outreach.
The 2016 award will be presented at the 27th MOSES Organic Farming Conference Feb. 25-27, 2016 in La Crosse, Wis.
The MOSES Organic Farmer of the Year should be:
- A farmer or farm family with current organic certification;
- An innovator in organic farming/livestock management including:
- crops and crop rotations;
- management of weeds, pests and diseases;
- Someone who excels in enhancing farm resources, soil, water, wildlife, and biodiversity;
- Someone who inspires and educates other organic farmers, consumers and those in the organic community;
- Currently farming in one of the following Midwest states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin.
Not eligible: Current MOSES employees and board members or board members within three years of end of service.