We have created over 30 Organic Fact Sheets to help you grow organic successfully.
These sheets provide easy-to-follow explanations about complex certification requirements or provide insights from our Organic Specialists about topics related to organic farming.
Feel free to download fact sheets from the list below, or contact our office to request a title by mail. Organizations are welcome to download, photocopy and distribute fact sheets without charge to groups of farmers.
The USDA Risk Management Agency, which supports our educational programs for farmers, provided the majority of funding for these fact sheets.
Field Crops & Market Farming
- Converting CRP Land to Organic Production
- GAPS: Bringing Good Agricultural Practices to Your Farm
- How to Choose Cover Crops
- Managing Soil Fertility and Organic Matter
- Marketing Organic Grains
- Organic & Sustainable Pest Control
- Protecting Your Organic Land from Unwanted Chemical Sprays
- Season Extension
- Transition to Organic Crop Production
- Transition to Organic Vegetable Production
Business & Education
- Educational Opportunities in Sustainable & Organic Agriculture
- Estate Planning
- Funds for Farmers webpage.
- How to Choose a Certification Agency & the Organic Certification Process
- How to Write a Conservation-Focused Land Rental Agreement NEW!
- Local and Organic: The Benefits and Differences
- Organic Farming CAN Feed the World
- Rural Women’s Project
- Start Farming! Resources for Beginning Farmers
- The Facts about Organic Agriculture
- What is Organic Agriculture?
- What You Should Be Saying About Organic Farming
- Organic Poultry Production: Eggs
- Organic Poultry Production: Meat
- Pasture and Living Conditions for Organic Ruminant Animals
- Protect Livestock in Hot Weather
- Transitioning to Organic Beef Production
- Transitioning to Organic Dairy Production
- Transitioning to Organic Sheep and Goat Dairy Production
- Transitioning to Organic Sheep and Goat Meat Production
- Considering Risk Before Starting an Organic Orchard
- Managing Pests & Diseases in an Organic Apple Orchard
- Organic Tree Fruit Certification
- Planning the Organic Orchard
- Resources for Organic Orchardists
ATTRA (National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service)
More than 300 easy-to-read titles covering organic production, livestock, horticultural crops, business and marketing, farm energy, water and pest management and more. 43 fact sheets available in Spanish.