We have created over 30 Organic Fact Sheets to help you grow organic successfully.
These sheets provide easy-to-follow explanations about complex certification requirements or provide insights from our Organic Specialists about topics related to organic farming.
Feel free to download fact sheets from the list below, or contact our office to request a title by mail. Organizations are welcome to download, photocopy and distribute fact sheets without charge to groups of farmers.
The USDA Risk Management Agency, which supports our educational programs for farmers, provided the majority of funding for these fact sheets.
Field Crops & Market Farming
1. Converting CRP Land to Organic Production
2. GAPS: Bringing Good Agricultural Practices to Your Farm
3. How to Choose Cover Crops
4. Managing Soil Fertility and Organic Matter
5. Marketing Organic Grains
6. Organic & Sustainable Pest Control
7. Protecting Your Organic Land from Unwanted Chemical Sprays
8. Season Extension
9. Transition to Organic Crop Production
10. Transition to Organic Vegetable Production
Business & Education
11. Educational Opportunities in Sustainable & Organic Agriculture
12. Estate Planning
13. Funds for Farmers webpage.
14. How to Choose a Certification Agency & the Organic Certification Process
15. How to Write a Conservation-Focused Land Rental Agreement
16. Local and Organic: The Benefits and Differences
17. Organic Farming CAN Feed the World
18. Rural Women’s Project
19. Start Farming! Resources for Beginning Farmers
20. The Facts about Organic Agriculture
21. What is Organic Agriculture?
22. What You Should Be Saying About Organic Farming
23. Organic Poultry Production: Eggs
24. Organic Poultry Production: Meat
25. Pasture and Living Conditions for Organic Ruminant Animals
26. Protect Livestock in Hot Weather
27. Transitioning to Organic Beef Production
28. Transitioning to Organic Dairy Production
29. Transitioning to Organic Sheep and Goat Dairy Production
30. Transitioning to Organic Sheep and Goat Meat Production
31. Considering Risk Before Starting an Organic Orchard
32. Managing Pests & Diseases in an Organic Apple Orchard
33. Organic Tree Fruit Certification
34. Planning the Organic Orchard
35. Resources for Organic Orchardists
ATTRA (National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service)
More than 300 easy-to-read titles covering organic production, livestock, horticultural crops, business and marketing, farm energy, water and pest management and more. 43 fact sheets available in Spanish.